Friday, August 6, 2010

Radio controlled model cars?

I race radio controlled model 1/10th scale electric touring cars and buggies, although this is now seen as a form of a motor sport, why is there a stigma that its just a group of men who haven't grown up playing with their toy ';brumm,,,brumms?';Radio controlled model cars?
This annoys me too and stiffles me a bit. I reckon it is because this country is becoming more and more 'social', though I hate to use that word. Look at all the entertainment on tv, all that goes on is people talking. In my view is is talk rather than action, and crafts are being regarded as in a closet.


Probably is also to help that nuisance movement, feminism. Might be the main reason.


And also because the construction hobbies are being pushed aside by technically superior mass produced gadgets, such as these cars. I'm am amature gadget constructor, so it really annoys me at times.Radio controlled model cars?
Yes, because it's fun and very skilled. Look at Robot Wars.

Report Abuse



What HP is your stigma?
So what if they do - just tell them to get lost and get their own life. I would really love to have a fully functional radio control submarine but don't have the expertise or money for one.
At least you have a hobby thats constructive, technical and requires skill - better than sitting on your a*se watching telly. :o))
Do what ive done in the past.





Buy a Savage SS and if anyone says something stupid, drive the rather large (and suprisingly heavy/hard) Savage at them.





They soon change their minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment